Quick Tips! Ceremony of the Keys at The Tower of London
Here are my Quick Tips for visiting the Tower of London for the Ceremony of the Keys!
- Book your tickets immediately! I mean immediately! Honestly, I booked ours before we had anything else booked or even planned! I just picked a date and then ended up working the trip around the Ceremony of the Keys! Tickets are booked solid for about a year out so you really need to plan ahead.
- Dress Warmly! The Ceremony is at night and you will be outside for the whole thing so even in the summer it can be chilly. If there's a chance of rain I would also bring an umbrella!
- Wear Comfy Shoes! The streets around the Tower are very uneven cobblestone so walking in anything other than gym shoes is challenging. Also for most of the Ceremony you will be standing (not walking - but standing). So comfy shoes are a must! I wore ankle boots that are normally totally fine, but by the end of the ceremony my feet were hurting a bit.
- Plan time to visit the Tower of London separately! I, stupidly, assumed that during the Ceremony we would get to go inside the Tower. Unfortunately, you do not. Since you're not allowed to take any photos during the Ceremony, I don't have any pictures of the Tower of London. Which makes me very sad - but I guess now I have to go back! Darn!
- Don't be late! These Yeomen are sticklers for punctuality and obviously the show will go on without you!
If you want more info, check out my full review of the Ceremony of the Keys!
Here are my other suggestions for things to see in London!
Also check out my Ultimate U.K. RoadTrip Itinerary for more info on my epic 17 day adventure through England & Scotland!